Mr. & Mrs. Cooper

Mr. & Mrs. Cooper

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

As Mrs. Cooper.

My fingers tremble at the unknown words about to be produced. :/ I used to have this passion for "blogging"... I ask myself why?? I believe this is where I disect my thoughts and discover a little more of who I am. BUT-- the past 6 months, and then the 12 months prior to that (so 18 months...) I have spent everyday talking to the man God created for me to spend the rest of my life with. This may sound strange (or even romantic), but in a way, I have replaced the "blogging" with Laine. I can tell this man anything and everything. He listens (or pretends to listen) to every bit of nonsense I produce. Sometimes he looks back at me with this half grin and his eyes tell me I am crazy... sometimes he looks intently at me and I can tell he feels my heart and passion... sometimes he shakes his head and pretends he didn't hear the words I just said.

All this to say... my husband is an incredible man. He has been a rock to me since day 1. What a journey my past year and a half has been.

Beginning the summer of 2008, I embarked on an adventure to do what I love, once again. Belmont Univerisity in Nashville, TN was the start of it all... I had just returned from Greece with the precious Roma people, my heart was swolen and my head was itching. Literally itching... day 2 of camp, I discovered I had ((lice))... gross! I am proud to say I got in Greece, so it was unique at least. But this was the start of Laine and Felicia. He must have thought I was nuts- but he embraced it, and fell in love with it :). I, too, a bit more reluctantly, fell in love with this man who showed my God's grace and love endlessly.

It's history from there-- we dated 6 months, got engaged Jan. 3rd, 2009. I graduated from the University of Mobile on May 9th and on June 27th we were married! It has been incredible everyday since.

I took a leap of faith and followed my love to his home city of Paducah, KY. A place I never imagined myself in... and took a job with a Methodist church as the youth director. Boy, has this been the coolest place God has ever put me! Doing ministry day after day, getting to know the coolest kids, and doing it with my husband! We are blessed.

That is just a bit of an update and a beginning to a new era of writing for this lady. I forgot how accountable my words kept me and how much of a challenge they have given me. It is time to begin again...

I know I have my number reader out there-- dad! (If you're the only one, then that's perfect!)

So stay tuned as I journey through this new season of life and grow as a woman of God, discovering more of him and less of me each day.

5 comments:

  1. Two readers. You have two readers. Your dad and your OLD Y.P.

    Love ya, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only invited 3 readers! The other one is my NEW pastor! I'm so lame...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey, I could say a million things in response to this, but i'll just say that I'm so thrilled that God created the two of us for each other. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm a reader too! i may not be as important, but i love to read your words and watch you grow. you are still my heart!

    love, momma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oopsie... Laine commented as me!! :) poor guy.

    ReplyDelete