Mr. & Mrs. Cooper

Mr. & Mrs. Cooper

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pizza Hut.

We have reached our destination. After what felt like 4 days of travel, we are at last in San Salvador. We got here around 7 pm and it was already after dusk, which meant the drive to the mission house was not as scenic as I had hoped for. But that just means tomorrow morning will be a beautiful surprise!

I was pretty stoked that the mission house had wifi and even cable so our crew could watch UK lose...

The house is pretty awesome and very spacious. I'm so blessed with the top bunk- one of my least favorite things of all time. But- I believe it's even the little discomforts that God wants to speak that He has better things in store for me than comfort.

For dinner tonight we had a very authentic dish that the salvadorians like to call "pizza hut"... you might be curious as to what this fine cuisine is made of. It was even delivered in a convenient square box. You guessed it- mmmm pizza. I will certainly make my clear statement that if I wanted American food, I would've stayed in America. Don't get me wrong, it's every youth minister's dream to eat pizza (such a rare event), but I am ready for the native goods! Can't wait to see what yummies we get tomorrow.

Tomorrow we will attend church, where my gang and I will teach a bible story and then we will be at an orphanage called CIPI for the remainder of the da. Hopefully later in the week we will hook some sweet kids up with new beds!

Did I mention how gorgeous these people are?? Wow.

Gotta get some rest for our debut of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego tomorrow.

Buenos noches from the top bunk.

P.s. It's real cute watching Laine Cooper experience things for the first time :). I'm pretty sure a child might be illegally brought back by him.

2 comments:

  1. My heart is about to burst with pride! I love you! I can't stop smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im so excited for yall and i cant wait to see all the pictures and hear your stories!!

    ReplyDelete