Mr. & Mrs. Cooper

Mr. & Mrs. Cooper

Friday, April 1, 2011

The dawn of a great adventure.

Ladies and gents, behold I have returned for a visit to the blogging world. Anyone out there still read this thing? Well, I'm in need of a place to bring a heavy heart, a plea for prayer, a petition of thanksgiving, a major shout out of excitement, along with a tad of anxiety.
Alas, I am on the move again- in one of my most favorite of ways- taking the beloved message of Jesus to the hearts of the people of el Salvador. In just a few short hours I will engage in a passion that is hard to grasp unless you've taken the incredible step into foreign missions-- and I actually get to add the sweetest dream to this passion and that is serving alongside my husband!! Praise God for this week and life-altering journey.

We are so blessed to be part of a plan so much greater than our own. Starfish Orphan Ministry here in Paducah, KY has obediently picked up the cross and is marching on towards pure and blameless religion that looks after orphans. We will join in their efforts to love and share Christ through meeting basic needs of countless orphans in the impoverished country of El Salvador.

Did you know that if all the people who could adopt, would adopt, the devastation of orphans would be no more? Hmm.

Mad prayers would be awesome if you could... I'm so overjoyed to GET to be a part of this team I'm nearly beside myself. A little anxiety is upon this eager heart at 1 am (I have to wake up at 3 am) I really couldn't be more thrilled than to have a husband who loves the Lord more than he does me and because of that he is able to love me in such a way that his expression of it is saying YES to a call when he hears it and here we are! Loving others and loving each other all because of how loved we are by the one who is love. Pretty cool, eh?

Okay so major points of prayer:
1. That God is glorified in every word and action and every breath of this trip.
2. Safety in travel- good plane, enough gas, weather that is calm, and a pilot that is alert.
3. Team unity. That we all can see beyond human nature and flaws and see children of God that want to do some good.
4. The hearts of the children in el Salvador. May they be prepared to be loved! May their ears be open to a life-changing message and needs be met.
5 Health.
5. Opportunity to share.
6. Our own hearts to be transformed more into the likeness of Christ.
7. Insert your own concern or praise.

Okay dear friends, we are off! It is my hope I can update daily on all that is happening with Laine and I and our awesome team of 26!

May God bless us and keep us and make his face shine upon us...

2 comments:

  1. Your writing blesses my heart this morning. I pray you will have a safe trip and a wonderful journey. You are an amazing little gal. I am so thrilled that you grew up to serve the Lord as you are. Love you. Joy Settle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many prayers going up for you and your team today for safe travel and in the following days, for God to shine his greatness upon the children in el Salvador through each and everyone of you.

    ReplyDelete